}); Reports: ‘Wow, I’m here”, Skillful winger reveals he snubbed Man United to complete Arsenal move - 85mins

Reports: ‘Wow, I’m here”, Skillful winger reveals he snubbed Man United to complete Arsenal move

Given their style play and the football ideology instituted by Arsene Wenger, Arsenal attracted almost every footballer in the World. Ivory Coast and Parma winger Gervinho has laid bare his delight at playing for Arsenal.

The 31-year-old has claimed that playing for Arsenal was a dream come true for him.

ALSO READ: Unai Emery makes surprising statement about Arsenal’s defence against Southampton

He joined Arsenal from Lille in the summer of 2011. Although his form was always not above par, he was a huge threat to defenders because of his pace.

The Ivorian was feared for his ability to run with the ball and he was mostly described as an upgrade of Theo Walcott, who often used his pace also.

Arsenal sold Gervinho to Roma in 2013m where he enjoyed about his best form in Europe, with League goals to his name in his debut season in the Seria A.

ALSO READ: Mesut Ozil stuns kid wearing ‘OZIL’ cap as Arsenal ace sits next to him in stands for Huddersfield win

He is currently lacing his boots for Parma in the Seria A and he has been a huge impact for a side.

However, he has revealed that the highlight of his career was joining Arsenal.

“Many young players tell you that they want to play for Manchester United or Arsenal. My dream was to play for Arsenal and I realised it,” the attacker told Goal. “When I arrived, I thought: ‘Wow, I’m here!’
“Each of my clubs made an impression on me, but Arsenal was special. When Arsene Wenger called me to tell me that he would like me to come to his club, I don’t think you imagine the satisfaction I felt just after hanging up the phone.

“Arsenal is an historic club. At the time, it was a club that made a lot of young people dream, with a style of its own and a coach like Wenger who had all of England at his feet. There was not one player who did not like watching Arsenal, with Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira and others.”


Reports: ‘Wow, I’m here”, Skillful winger reveals he snubbed Man United to complete Arsenal move Reports: ‘Wow, I’m here”, Skillful winger reveals he snubbed Man United to complete Arsenal move Reviewed by ONYONG PRECIOUS on December 20, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.